Its difficult to go wrong with a brownie recipe. When theres chocolate involved with butter and sugar, it almost can’t fail! To achieve the best and most perfect brownie bake then you have to be a little bit more discerning. With a brownie recipe, you can’t be too easily swayed with the sweetest taste of chocolate.
To make the best brownies, you have to make sure you bakes have a crackled top, and a shiny appearance for that succulent fudgy gooey centre and above all make sure they are not dry in the slightest. This recipe can be made more extravagant with adding ‘mix-ins’ for example, walnuts or pecans for a more nutty taste. Include peanut butter for that classic American taste. To add a more chocolately taste, put in white chocolate chips or candy-coated mini-chocolates.
170 grams of Butter cut into chunks
150 grams of Unsweetened Chocolate, coarsely chopped
300 grams of Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
3 large Eggs
140 grams of Plain Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, and grease your 20cm square baking pan with butter.
2. You know need to melt the butter and chocolate. Put the 185 grams of butter and the chocolate in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon consistently until melted. Move the pan to a heatproof surface. Scrape the chocolate mixture into the medium bowl and let it cool for around 5 minutes.
3. Stir the sugar, vanilla and the salt into the cooled chocolate mixture with the wooden spoon.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating with the wooden spoon after each addition just until mixed.
5. Sprinkle the flour over the chocolate mixture and stir until blended. Add any mix-ins that you have chosen to add and stir until just combined, so that they keep their shape.
6. Fill the pan with your batter and make sure it is spread evenly using the back of the wooden spoon.
7. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until when a tooth pick is inserted into the centre it comes out almost completely clean. Do not over bake or the brownies will come out dry.
8. Remembering to use your oven mitts, remove your pan from the oven and set it on a cooling rack to cool completely.
9. Once completely cooled, cut the brownie bake into 3 equal strips with a sharp knife, then cut each strip mdd crosswise into 3 equal pieces. Remove the pieces with a spatula and cut each square into 2 triangles.
Hope you enjoyed this bake, and they came out the oven delicious!