These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a delight, enjoyed frequently by my family. Perfect from old to young, the icing sugar complements the chocolate so well, and make these a treat for all.
60 grams of Icing Sugar
230 grams of Plain Flour
40 grams of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
115 grams of Butter, at room temperature.
250 grams of Sugar
2 large Eggs
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
Before you start baking, preheat your oven to 180°C and grease two baking sheets with some butter.
1. Put the icing sugar into one of your medium sized bold and set aside for later on in the recipe.
2. In the other medium bowl, using the wooden spoons, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. In the large bowl, using an electric mixer on a medium speed, beat the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes, until it has a creamy texture. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
4. Add one egg and beat on a medium speed until blend, add the other egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
5. Turn off the mixer and add the flour mixture. Mix on a low speed just until blended.
6. Using a tablespoon, scoop up a rounded spoonful of dough. Scrape the dough off the spoon into the palm of your hand. Roll the dough into a ball.
7. Roll the ball in the icing sugar until covered. Place the balls on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing the balls about 5cm apart on your baking sheet.
8. When one baking sheet is full, put it in the oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until crackled and puffed.
9. Using oven mitts, remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it on the cooling rack for 15 minutes.
10. Move the cookies onto the rack with a metal spatula and let them cool completely here serving. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
I hope your Chocolate Crinkle Cookies were successful! This is very quick and easy recipe to bake, wonderful for a quick afternoon snack or treat for friends and family.